Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will ensure all facilities and administrative needs of the office are met and lead a large team of legal support employees to achieve the objectives and priorities of the Saskatoon office and the firm.
You will coach and develop the legal support team in delivering high-quality work and an excellent client experience. You will actively cultivate a positive work environment built on clear communication, accountability and teamwork. You will collaborate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including lawyers, management peers and external vendors.
- Recruiting and onboarding legal support and office administration employees
- Coaching, mentoring and managing the performance of legal support and office administration employees
- Collaborating with lawyers and peers to find and implement efficiencies and effectively manage employee work assignments and allocations
- Liaising with firm support teams to manage issues and obtain information and training for your team
- Participating in, and actively supporting, firm initiatives and projects
- Leading all facilities and administration projects within the Saskatoon office and ensuring the daily office administration needs are met
- Overseeing the organization of internal office events
We are looking for the following in the successful candidate:
- Undergraduate degree in business administration and a minimum of five years of experience in a leadership position
- Experienced team leader committed to helping others achieve their goals
- Proven ability to provide a clear line of sight to organizational goals and create buy-in and commitment for changes
- Strong initiative and focus on providing excellent client experiences
- Problem-solver with track record of innovative thinking and organized implementation of changes
- Strong communicator who can build relationships across the firm
- Solid understanding of human resource management practices – CPHR designation is an asset but not required
- Law firm experience is an asset but not required
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
Closing date: January 17, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.