The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will primarily be responsible for processing all phases of a centralized payroll system; working alongside the Payroll team, Managers and Human Resources to ensure that the payroll and benefit systems are executed in compliance with federal and provincial legislation as well as company policy and procedures. This full-time permanent position will be based in the firm’s Regina office.
Candidates must have a high regard for confidentiality, discretion and protocol. They must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, excel in detail-oriented work where accuracy and timeliness are critical and be able to work independently. This individual must be able to follow instructions with minimum supervision, thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment. They must display a strong client focused approach throughout their processes, with a commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
- Responsible for bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll process
- Responsible for enrolment of employees into the appropriate group benefits plans
- Handling all employee related payroll inquiries
- Processing and reporting on all aspects of payroll and benefits
- Processing special payments including holiday pay payouts, maternity leave supplements, pension funds, garnishees, ROEs online, severance and payroll corrections
- Preparing and maintaining monthly payroll reporting and related government remittances/filing
- Completing all vendor payments, including cheque requisitions
- Providing support to accounts receivable and payable
- Participating in project work and other duties as assigned
Graduate of a recognized accredited payroll program, supplemented by the Payroll Administrator Certification
- 5 years of relevant experience in a computerized payroll environment and HRMS System, experience working with the Ceridian payroll system would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, as well as applicable legislation and regulations
- Accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of computers and spreadsheet software is required
- Working knowledge of an accounting and/or document management system would be considered an asset
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment in the Regina office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: September 20, 2019
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.