The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will primarily be responsible for processing all phases of a centralized payroll system, for working alongside the payroll team, managers and human resources to ensure that the payroll and benefit systems are executed in compliance with federal and provincial legislation, as well as for company policy and procedures. This full-time permanent position will be based in the firm’s Regina office.
The successful candidates must have a high regard for confidentiality, discretion and protocol. He or she must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, excel in detail-oriented work where accuracy and timeliness are critical and be able to work independently. This individual must be able to follow instructions with minimal supervision, and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment. He or she must display a strong, client-focused approach throughout his or her processes, with a commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
- Processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll
- Enrolling employees into the appropriate group benefits plans
- Handling all employee-related payroll inquiries
- Processing and reporting on all aspects of payroll and benefits
- Processing special payments, including holiday pay payouts, maternity leave supplements, pension funds, garnishees, ROEs online, severance and payroll corrections
- Preparing and maintaining monthly payroll reporting and related government remittances/filing
- Completing all vendor payments, including cheque requisitions
- Providing support to accounts receivable and payable
- Participating in project work and other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized accredited payroll program, supplemented by the Payroll Administrator Certification
- Five years of relevant experience in a computerized payroll environment and HRMS system; experience working with the Ceridian payroll system would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of payroll policies and procedures as well as applicable legislation and regulations
- Accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of computers and spreadsheet software is required
- Working knowledge of an accounting and/or document management system would be considered an asset
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment in the Regina office of MLT Aikins. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resumé using the application form below.
Application deadline: March 29, 2019
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.