Our Regina office is currently looking for an experienced privacy paralegal to join our team. While preference is for candidates to work within the Regina office, remote work opportunities are available. This candidate will advance compliance with privacy/data protection and security laws in an innovative, risk-based manner, drawing on knowledge and experience with specific government/industry requirements and best practices.
This position will support our clients’ engagement with individuals and data protection authorities and policymakers to respond to inquiries from individuals and regulators. Prior experience implementing, maintaining, and supporting a privacy program and managing access request and data breach responses supporting privacy in a legal team is strongly preferred.
- Interpreting privacy legislation and process access to information requests for clients under applicable provincial and federal legislation. This involves reviewing and clarifying requests, determining allowable release of information, coordinating collection of all responsive records.
- Delivering industry expertise in privacy through client training, interactions, reports, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Co-ordinating fulfilment of individual’s/data subject’s rights requests (access, rectification, deletion, etc.).
- Assisting with responses to privacy regulators in the applicable jurisdiction for reviews pursuant to applicable provincial or federal legislation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in the privacy and compliance field including processing access to information requests.
- Superior customer service, relationship building skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading.
- Excellent research and interpretation skills with experience in legal and compliance principles, with demonstrated analytical, Strategic thinking skills.
- Experience interfacing cross-organizationally and communicating with executive-level staff along with excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, skills and attention to detail and knowledge of investigative techniques.
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and best practices in Western Canada
- Information Access and Protection of Privacy (IAPP) Certificate or other industry recognized privacy and access certificate or similar experience.
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage,
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.