Our Vancouver office is currently looking for an experienced legal assistant in the area of real estate. The successful candidate will support a real estate practice on a wide range of residential, commercial and financial services transactions including acquisitions and sales of real estate properties, condominium developments, financing transactions and land development.
- Administering files from open to close, supporting the requirements of the lawyer, co-operating with other staff and ensuring follow-up, timeliness and accuracy
- Co-ordinating and facilitating document preparation
- Communicating with clients on file matters
- Making electronic inquiries and document filings with agencies such as BC Online and Land Title and Survey Authority
- Prioritizing and diarizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work to meet external and internal deadlines
- Supporting the learning and mentoring of team members
- Real estate development/subdivision experience considered a key asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Strong work ethic with initiative; ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and often changing environment
- Experience in BC Online, Land Title and Survey Authority (myLTSA)
- Skilled in the areas of attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, dependability and organization
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all the offices of MLT Aikins. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.