The Securities Legal Assistant role provides administrative and clerical support for one partner and two associate lawyers in the Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program
- At least five years of experience in an active securities environment
- Experience in SEDAR/SEDI online filings an asset
- Advanced computer skills including fluency in Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Carrying out various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and following up on outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient electronic file system
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.