We are currently looking for a Securities Paralegal to join our Vancouver office. While preference is for candidates to work within the Vancouver office, remote work opportunities are available.
The Securities Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the securities group in all aspects of its practice, including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing securities-related transactions, preparing, completing and managing securities filings, and all other matters related to corporate and securities transactions.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Preparing, completing and managing securities filings and related matters, including electronic filings made through the following systems; SEDAR/SEDI, BCSC eServices, OSC’s Electronic Filing Portal, TSX Securefile, Canadian Securities Exchange and CDS – CUSIP applications;
- Preparing, completing and managing other securities filings with respect to: Exempt distributions (e.g. Form 45-106F1), Exemptive relief applications and TSXV filings;
- Drafting routine securities filings and continuous disclosure documents, including Material Change Report, Early Warning Reports and initial drafts of AIFs, Management Information Circulars, etc.
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized Paralegal program, equivalencies will be considered;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an active securities environment
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Be able to maintain an efficient electronic file system and have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.