The Securities Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the securities group in all aspects of its practice. The role will include drafting, reviewing, and analyzing securities-related transactions; preparing, completing and managing securities filings; and all other matters related to corporate and securities transactions.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and is able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized Paralegal program, equivalencies will be considered
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an active securities environment
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Experience in preparing, completing and managing securities filings and related matters, including electronic filings made through the following systems; SEDAR/SEDI, BCSC eServices, OSC’s Electronic Filing Portal, TSX Securefile, Canadian Securities Exchange and CDS – CUSIP applications
- Experience in preparing, completing and managing other securities filings with respect to: Exempt distributions (e.g. Form 45-106F1), Exemptive relief applications and TSXV filings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Drafting routine securities filings and continuous disclosure documents, including Material Change Report, Early Warning Reports and initial drafts of AIFs, Management Information Circulars, etc.
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient electronic file system and have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.