We are hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to work closely with internal stakeholders and business analysts, across all six MLT Aikins offices in Western Canada, to design, develop and maintain reporting systems and dashboards for the business. The role requires the ability to interpret business needs and transform them into meaningful reporting solutions to meet those needs. The individual will be a part of the firm’s Solution Delivery team; an agile group focused on enhancing the business and client experience though process improvement, delivery of technology solutions and providing data insights and recommendations.
The successful individual must be comfortable working with occasionally ambiguous requirements, be willing to take an agile approach to refining deliverables and extract & surface meaningful information from internal applications. The ability to build effective working relationships across the firm, communicate well with non-technical staff, and work as a team within Solution Delivery are all essential skills to succeed in this role.
- Interpret business needs and document/develop the reporting analytics to meet those needs
- Collaborate and build working relationships with key stakeholders to analyze and report on key metrics
- Improve existing processes/reports
- Manage financial and non-financial data to extract and surface meaningful information
- Empower end-users to self-serve by deploying reporting solutions
- Work with the Solution Delivery team to complete products and deliver value each sprint
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or post-secondary education in a technology-related discipline combined with 5+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an analytical role
- Advanced knowledge in reporting and dashboard solutions (PowerBI, SSRS, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong SQL and scripting skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSIS, Power Pivot)
- Knowledge in ETL and Data Warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of trending analysis
- Excellent analytical, statistical and reporting skills
- Demonstrates a curious approach to understanding business problems
- Ability to balance and prioritize numerous tasks within a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment, including effective multi-tasking, exercising objectivity, composure under stress and professionalism in parallel to on-going daily business needs
- Previous legal or financial experience would be considered an asset
Application deadline: May 17, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.