We are looking for a strong, experienced paralegal to join our Calgary team and work with our growing corporate client base. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and experience from years of a busy corporate practice at a business law firm.
Candidates must have transactional and drafting experience and be proficient with ALF or equivalent corporate database. The individual must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload, pay attention to detail, be analytical, possess the ability to apply concepts, and have excellent organizational, communication and written skills. This is a client-based environment, and the corporate paralegals work directly with lawyers and clients on transactions across the firm. The candidate must be able to take instruction, understand basic corporate transactions and work independently to provide draft documentation.
- Attending to CORES Level 1, 2 and 3 online filings with Alberta Corporate Registry and on-line filings with Corporations Canada
- Preparing documents with respect to incorporations/organizations, name changes, amalgamations, dissolutions, reinstatements, revivals, re-organizations, various article amendments, continuances and other transaction related documents
- Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Preparing documents to change the registered office, issue and transfer shares, appoint and remove directors and officers, document dividends, share redemptions and other corporate resolutions
- Drafting customized resolutions and any related documentation and conducting on-line filings for complex transactions, often on a time-sensitive basis
- Preparing annual documents for Alberta, Federal and extra-provincial entities
- Conducting minute book reviews and preparing documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Conducting and reviewing corporate searches
- Responding to daily inquiries from counsel and clients and handling day-to-day corporate matters
- Updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books and ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database
- Conducting due diligence searches with varying regulatory bodies/agencies and reports on same
- Conducting PPR registrations, amendments, renewals, discharges and searches
- Recognized Legal Assistant diploma or equivalent combined with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a paralegal role
- CORES level 3 is required
- Knowledge of corporate law and basic accounting principles required
- APRES accreditation required
- Proficient with ALF database or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular, Outlook and Word
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.