As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from a senior patent paralegal for our IP practice area. This position will assist lawyers and/or patent agents with a variety of legal tasks in accordance with MLT Aikins processes and guidelines. It will also work with our IP support group regarding file intake and invoicing.
- Managing patent docket including docket deadlines and maintaining the integrity of docket data
- Assisting with preparing patent filings/PCTs
- Reviewing incoming correspondence from CIPO and foreign associates, and assisting in preparing reporting letters to client
- Maintaining, organizing and updating docket system of due dates for action and follow up
- Completing general administrative tasks including file management and precedent maintenance
- Performing status checks
- Co-ordinating transfers of files and appointment of MLT Aikins as agent
- Opening files and validating data all operational programs and databases
- Processing internal transfer of files between associates’ firms
- The ideal candidate will have more than 10 years of experience in this role and will have graduated from a recognized paralegal program (equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of Patrix IP Helpware is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong teamwork skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.