Your Next Opportunity
Would you like to be a part of Western Canada’s largest law firm?
MLT Aikins has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, Office Services and Team Support in our Regina office. Reporting to the office manager, you will lead a team of administrative assistants, legal assistants and the receptionist to provide the seamless delivery of administrative services and legal support within the Regina office.
Every day is different! Working closely with team members within Regina and across the firm, you will provide a great client experience through the coordination or direction of key functions such as providing team support for legal assistants, scanning and copy services, mail and courier services, facilities and premises support, inventory and supply maintenance, a/v set-up, and overall general office support which will include reception coverage on occasion.
- Maintaining service excellence through leading by example and providing coaching and performance management to members of the Office Services and Team Support team
- Leading the recruitment, onboarding, training and ongoing development for team members
- Be the first point of contact for the office manager in their absence
- Alongside the office manager and team, assisting with event idea generation and execution
- In conjunction with office manager, ensuring overall security measures and protocols are maintained for the office, including general safety of firm members, maintenance of confidentiality and other measures as required
- Acting as a member of the firm’s Joint Health & Safety Committee and act as area Fire Warden for the office
- Managing the legal assistant team support calendar and assignments
- Organizing, coordinating and overseeing production (on-site and off-site) and binding of documents and scanning of files for Legal Assistants
- Coordinating internal and external mail distribution, including courier services
- Coordinating audio visual set-up and tear down for internal meetings together with the administrative assistants
- Providing backup and support to reception
- Maintaining all office equipment, including servicing requirements, troubleshooting and liaising with IT and external vendors as appropriate
- Coordinating and code vendor invoices for products and services ordered by Office Services
- Overseeing disbursement entry and coding to client files
- Along with the administrative assistants, ensuring that internal visitors and new hires are set up appropriately with equipment
- Overseeing and maintaining inventory of office stationery, and kitchen supplies
- In conjunction with office manager, maintaining landlord, security, maintenance and vendor relationships
- Arranging for ongoing maintenance of office premises with landlord
- Coordinating office space moves and revising floor plan accordingly
- Overseeing security card, parking access and gym membership records to ensure prompt and timely activation/de-activation protocols.
- Overseeing maintenance and cleanliness of various firm areas with the office including: kitchen, mail room/service centre, reception and boardrooms
- Coordinating furniture repairs and office touch –ups as required
- Minimum of three years of office services and facilities experience along with prior supervisory experience. (Your past experience will have led you to be able to deliver exceptional client service and the ability to handle multiple priorities)
- As this role covers many areas of responsibility, you are confident in your verbal and written communications and your ability to prioritize while engaging in a high level of professionalism
- You possess advanced organizational, technical and troubleshooting skills and are able to develop relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Experience working in a law firm is an asset but not required
- You have some flexibility to work outside regular working hours on occasion in order to accommodate meetings and special events
- The ability to lift more than 10lbs as required is also a requirement of the role
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
- Growth and development opportunities
- Mentorship and support
- Ongoing job-specific training
- A positive and inclusive work environment
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.