We are looking for a Wills and Estates associate lawyer to join our Edmonton office. Applicants must have three or more years of demonstrated interest and experience in wills and estates.
Our Edmonton Estate Planning and Administration group creates customized estate plans for our clients, ranging in complexity from basic wills, powers of attorney, and health-care directives to multiple wills, insurance trusts, alter-ego and joint-partner trusts, charitable gift plans, and family trusts. We also guide personal representatives in fulfilling their obligations and managing their liability, adding convenience and value to the process of wealth transfer by obtaining probate, assisting in the realization of the estate during sales of personal or real property, and implementing post-mortem plans for corporate interests. The group works closely with our Tax and Litigation groups in delivering effective advice and services to our clients.
Successful candidates must have the following attributes:
- Driven and hard working individual, with strong interpersonal skills
- Work independently or under the direction of senior lawyers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Appreciation for the importance of providing excellent and responsive legal services to clients
- Share the firm’s passion for building Western Canada’s Law Firm in Edmonton and all the personal and professional opportunities that entails
- Enrolment in the STEP Diploma Program or equivalent education would be considered an asset
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé cover letter and law school transcripts using the application form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MLT Aikins, Western Canada’s law firm, is growing with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Our practice is characterized by collegiality, team work, client service and a strong commitment to Western Canada, its business opportunities and its future.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.