Our Winnipeg office is currently looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Wills and Estates Department. The position provides an excellent opportunity for a Legal Assistant to gain technical knowledge, develop and grow drafting expertise, and assume greater responsibility with time.
- Preparing, revising and editing legal documents including wills, powers of attorney and health care directives. The Legal Assistant will have an opportunity to work on documents of increasing complexity, using precedents while ensuring that the documents meet client needs.
- Managing calendars for meetings, diarizing files and tracking the progress of file matters
- Reviewing and organizing documents
- Drafting correspondence including retainer letters and reports
- Maintaining records, filings and timekeeping
- Handling billing and related accounting matters
- Providing additional administrative assistance and general office duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited Legal Assistant program and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant in the areas of Wills and Estates Law
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor; the position entails meetings and other communications with clients on a regular basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong understanding of English grammar and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel), along with a general aptitude for technology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with The Queen’s Bench Rules (Manitoba) and court filings in Manitoba for probate and administration would be an asset
- Knowledge of residential real estate conveyancing practice in Manitoba would be an asset
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
- Rita Alexander / (204) 957-4707
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.