On October 8, Jessica Jensen will host “The Ins and Outs of Hiring Foreign Workers for Your Business” presented by Vexxit.
Jessica will provide insight to business owners and answer questions about hiring foreign workers during a pandemic.
On the Agenda:
- Temporary foreign worker options for work permits
- How to choose the right work permit or status
- Federal permanent residency options
- Express entry system
- Admissibility concerns that would impact applications
- COVID-19 impacts on immigration
About the Event
Using the power of machine learned algorithms, Vexxit is a digital matchmaker that connects people with the best professionals for them, based on their specific need(s).
Professionals in the fields of law, accounting, financial advisory and consultancy are matched with individuals or business owners that best compliment their areas of expertise and can best deliver the desired result for the individual/small business owner.
On September 30, Jessica participated in “CLE: Lessons from the North: A Primer on Canadian Immigration and Refugee Law” hosted by American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Minnesota Dakotas chapter.
This event provided an informational overview of Canadian immigration and refugee law. The following topics were addressed:
- Employment-based immigration, including Labor Market Impact Assessments (LMIA’s) and their exceptions, options under various treaties, and the interplay between temporary and permanent residency
- Canada’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), a point-based system that provides immigration options without sponsorship
- Spousal and other family-based immigration options
- Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Refugee options, including updates on the recent court decision on the unconstitutionality of the Safe Third Country Agreement between Canada and the United States
Founded in 1946, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is a national bar association of attorneys who practice and teach immigration law.
This event was hosted by the AILA Minnesota / Dakotas chapter.
In June, Jessica was appointed as vice-chair of the AILA Canada Chapter’s Executive Committee. Learn more.
Jessica is a foreign legal consultant and associate lawyer who focuses her practice on U.S. and Canadian immigration law. She is a member in good standing with the Law Society of Manitoba as well as a member in good standing of the Minnesota and North Dakota Bars and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and maintains a Foreign Legal Consultant permit from the Law Society of Manitoba, allowing her to practise U.S. law in Manitoba.