On Thursday, May 11, Regina lawyers Kristél Kriel and Erin Wolff will present on “Emerging Issues in Freedom of Information.”
Their presentation will provide an update on the current emerging issues in freedom of information in Saskatchewan, including a range of topics such as legislative amendments, new and noteworthy case law and privacy commissioner decisions, and third party considerations.
The session comes as part of the two-day Saskatchewan Connections Conference, dealing with topics related to access, privacy, security, records management and health information management. The aim of this regionally based conference is “to assist public bodies in developing connections between these disciplines and address the associated challenges.” Attendees will leave with “a clearer understanding of access to information, protection of privacy, information security and records management issues that arise in organizations subject to FOIP [The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act], LAFOIP [The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act] and HIPA [The Health Information Protection Act].”
Hosted by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Justice, Access and Privacy Branch, the conference features a lineup that includes:
- Ronald Kruzeniski, Q.C., Information and Privacy Commissioner, Saskatchewan Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Diane Aldridge, Director of Compliance, Saskatchewan Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
- John Roberts, Chief Privacy Officer and Archivist of Ontario, Archives of Ontario, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Donovan Molloy, Q.C., Information and Privacy Commissioner, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner NFLD & Labrador
- Glen Gardner, Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Attorney General
Kristél Kriel’s experience in assisting public and private clients with complicated privacy, freedom of information and technology matters makes her a valued asset to clients. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erin Wolff is a member of the MLT Aikins science and technology practice group. Her practice is focused on privacy, health care, freedom of information, technology and procurement law. She can be reached at email@example.com.