Labour and Employment lawyer Kristin Gibson will appear at the Canadian Lawyer Employment Law Update: What employers need to know for 2022, on January 26.
The event will look at some of the top employment law issues that will impact employers in 2022, and provide an outlook on what employers need to monitor to protect their businesses in the year ahead.
Kristin will be part of a panel which features Canada’s top labour and employment lawyers who will explore some of the major employment law issues and challenges employers will face in 2022. The panelists will also discuss how employers can best prepare themselves to minimize liabilities and protect their organizations while ensuring they meet their obligations to employees.
Topics discussed include:
- What’s coming up in provincial and federal legislation?
- Early trends and changes to provincial employment standards
- COVID-19 – what will the major challenges be for employers in the coming year?
- Updates from the courts, boards and tribunals
- Key employment trends employers will need to observe closely in 2022
Kristin practises primarily in the areas of labour, employment and administrative law. She advises private and public sector clients on human rights, privacy, occupational health and safety, collective agreement bargaining and administration, policy drafting and discipline. She represents employers in interest and rights arbitrations, and in defending wrongful dismissals and human rights complaints.