On Wednesday, May 17, MLT Aikins lawyer Meghan McCreary spoke at the Regina Construction Association’s Breakfast Café Series. The event was well attended, with approximately 30 participants from the construction industry.
Meghan’s presentation, “Construction Law: Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing,” covered the following topics:
- Drug testing in safety-sensitive environments
- Defining what constitutes a safety-sensitive position or workplace
- The Canadian model of workplace drug and alcohol testing
- Pre-employment and pre-access testing
- Reasonable cause testing
- Post-incident/accident testing
- Random testing in safety-sensitive environments
- Dealing with positive test results
Meghan McCreary is a partner based out of both our Regina and Vancouver offices. Her practice focus is in the areas of labour relations, workplace human rights, and executive employment. She can be reached at email@example.com or (306) 347-8463.