Hakemi & Ridgedale LLP and MLT Aikins LLP are pleased to join forces on December 1, 2022. Adding Hakemi & Ridgedale, a leading litigation boutique in Vancouver, will allow MLT Aikins to offer its clients a broad range of litigation services in British Columbia.
Established in 2012, Hakemi & Ridgedale is a respected commercial litigation boutique recognized as a Leading Firm in Dispute Resolution in British Columbia by Legal 500 and as a Benchmark Litigation recommended firm. Led by name partners Tom Hakemi and Lisa Ridgedale, Hakemi & Ridgedale has received numerous Canadian Law awards.
Hakemi & Ridgedale has experience in a wide range of civil litigation matters, including corporate and commercial disputes, securities litigation, administrative law and defamation law. The firm’s lawyers act for clients in several sectors, including private equity and investments, financial services and banking, mining, resources, energy and infrastructure, construction, real estate, and retail and consumer markets.
Tom Hakemi advises clients in complex business disputes often involving alleged breaches of commercial contracts, including shareholder and partnership agreements, allegations of fraud, defamation, anti-competitive conduct and violations of securities laws. He also acts for clients being investigated by securities regulators.
Lisa Ridgedale advises clients involved in business disputes and regulatory enforcement actions, in addition to advising clients on compliance with securities laws. She also acts for clients involved in civil proceedings and draws on her past experience as a prosecutor for the British Columbia Ministry of the Attorney General and senior enforcement counsel at the British Columbia Securities Commission.
Hakemi & Ridgedale’s exceptional litigation experience adds to the depth and breadth of the firm’s Vancouver presence and overall litigation bench strength. Hakemi & Ridgedale represents companies across a broad range of industries in litigation matters, and can now refer these clients to a full suite of services.
A Growing Presence in Vancouver
With a team of more than 40 legal professionals, the MLT Aikins Vancouver office has seen steady growth since it opened in 2015. The office has a significant corporate/commercial law presence due to its extensive work carrying out mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs) and securities work.
- MLT Aikins was Canada’s most active law firm in the IPO space in the first half of 2022, working on 12 of the IPOs completed, including multiple IPOs in the mining sector, with most of this work coming out of Vancouver
- The firm was one of the top-ranked firms in Canada in 2021 according to Canadian IPO Reports from CPE Analytics
With the addition of the Hakemi & Ridgedale team, our presence in Vancouver is growing. To support our growth, a number of job opportunities are available in our Vancouver office.
MLT Aikins provides challenging work and competitive salaries in a team-oriented work environment that recognizes the importance of healthy work-life balance.
About MLT Aikins and Hakemi & Ridgedale
MLT Aikins LLP is a full-service law firm of more than 280 lawyers with a deep commitment to Western Canada and an understanding of the market’s unique legal and business landscapes.
Established in 1879, MLT Aikins is the 13th largest law firm in Canada (Lexpert, American Lawyer Media), with offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
Recent Awards & Recognition:
- MLT Aikins recognized by the Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s Best Law Firms for 2022 and one of only 15 firms to be recognized in 10 or more practice areas
- MLT Aikins named Top 10 Prairie Firm by Canadian Lawyer for 2021-2022
- Canadian Lawyer Inhouse named MLT Aikins one of the Top 5 Prairie Regional Firms in both Manitoba and Saskatchewan in 2021
- Hakemi & Ridgedale received Western Canada Law Firm of the Year Excellence Award from Lexpert in 2020
- 23 MLT Aikins lawyers recognized by Chambers Canada in Corporate/Commercial, Cannabis, Employment & Labour, Healthcare and Litigation practice areas for 2023
- Chambers Canada ranked MLT Aikins nationwide in Aboriginal Law, Agribusiness, Healthcare and Transportation for 2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada recognized 66 MLT Aikins lawyers and two Hakemi & Ridgedale lawyers for 2022, and named 11 MLT Aikins lawyers as “Lawyer of the Year” in their practice areas
- 67 lawyers recognized by the Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory for 2022
- Benchmark Litigation Canada named MLT Aikins as “Litigation Law Firm of the Year” for Saskatchewan (nine years in a row) and Manitoba with 14 lawyers ranked “Litigation Stars” for 2021; two Hakemi & Ridgedale lawyers named “Litigation Stars” for 2022
- MLT Aikins recognized in the 2021 edition of the renowned international legal directory World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR)