For the fourth straight year, lawyers from MLT Aikins will participate as coaches in the Winnipeg Foundation’s annual Fast Pitch event.
Sponsored by MLT Aikins, Fast Pitch is an eight-week coaching program designed to give Winnipeg-based charities the skills they need to gain support from funders, donors and the community. Lawyers Peter Anandranistakis and Nicolas Joubert will each coach a participating charity competing for up to $20,000 in prizes. Florence Carey, who has coached at Fast Pitch for the last three years, is coordinating the firm’s sponsorship and involvement in the event.
Charities are paired with two coaches from the business community at a speed networking event in January. They then work on their presentation skills in group coaching sessions before the program culminates in a showcase event where each charity delivers a three-minute pitch for their cause.
- All Saints Church
- Théâtre Cercle Molière
- Elmwood Community Resource Centre and Area Association
- Hands of Hope
- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba (IRCOM)
- Immigration Partnership Winnipeg
- Inclusion Winnipeg
- Inspire Community Outreach
- Jubilee Fund
- Manitoba Underground Opera
- Palliative Manitoba
- SCE Lifeworks
- The Kindred Project
- Thrive Community Support Circle
- West Broadway Youth Outreach
Key 2019 Dates:
- Orientation (January 8)
- Professional Development (January 10)
- Speed Networking (January 17)
- Group Coaching and Feedback (January 31)
- Group Coaching and Feedback (February 7)
- Semi-finalist Event (February 13)
- Showcase at The Met (February 28)
MLT Aikins is pleased to sponsor Fast Pitch 2019. For information and updates on the event, follow the Winnipeg Foundation on Twitter at @wpgfdn or search for #FastPitchWpg.