MLT Aikins is pleased to present “The Walrus Talks Success in the West” on Thursday, June 8 in Vancouver.
The Walrus Talks is a series of events taking place in venues across Canada, exploring our nation and its place in the world. Produced by the Walrus Foundation, each event aims to offer inspiration and provoke discussion through seven-minute presentations from scholars, writers, performers, scientists, artists, business leaders and more.
The theme for the Vancouver event is Success in the West. Speakers will provide “leadership perspectives on building success for the next century,” and discuss “why the west is the key to Canadian success, and how the west will be won.” Talks will touch on business, technology, resources and community – to name a few.
Shelley Ambrose, executive director of The Walrus Foundation and publisher of The Walrus, will host featured guests including:
- Jessie Adcock, Chief Technology Officer, City of Vancouver
- Janet Austin, CEO, YWCA Metro Vancouver
- Stewart Beck, president and CEO, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Clay Haeber, COO, Indochino
- Kimberly Jonathan, Chief, Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations
- Susannah Pierce, Director of External Relations for LNG Canada
- Stephen Murphy, executive vice president of banking, Canadian Western Bank
- Roy Ratnavel, executive vice-president, CI Investment
Thursday, June 8
Vancouver Art Gallery (750 Hornby St., Vancouver)
- 7 p.m. Doors open
- 7:30 p.m. The Walrus Talks
- Reception to follow
Tickets: $15/person, $10 for students
Register online or contact email@example.com(416) 971-5004, ext. 247
Follow on Twitter: @walrusmagazine #WalrusTalks