Canada’s agriculture and food industry continued to demonstrate its resilience in 2021 despite a number of monumental challenges, from severe drought and flooding to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The MLT Aikins 2021 Agriculture and Food Year in Review offers an overview of the key issues that shaped the industry last year, and a look at the trends and new technologies that will transform the agriculture sector in the years to come. Highlights include:
- Venture Capital in Western Canadian Agriculture
- Supply Chain Disruptions/Export and Transportation Challenges
- IP – Who Owns Your Technology?
- ESG Considerations for Ag Entities
- Tax and Estate Planning – Changes to Intergenerational Transfers
- Biologicals Present New Possibilities – and Increasing Complexity
- Labour Challenges in Western Canada’s Agriculture and Food Industry