For the third consecutive year, MLT Aikins will sponsor and take part in the Winnipeg Foundation’s annual Fast Pitch event.
Fast Pitch is a 10-week coaching program that seeks “to help build the capacity of, and create visibility for, Winnipeg’s charitable sector.” Each participating organization is partnered with a leader from the city’s legal, business or financial sectors, who will coach them in the skills they need to create a compelling promotional “pitch.”
Winnipeg lawyers Peter Anandranistakis, Florence Carey, Nicolas Joubert, Maria Penner and Brad Zander will serve as coaches this year.
Every year, the Fast Pitch coaches and the leaders of charitable organizations work together to craft and share inspirational stories about the not-for-profit work being done in Winnipeg – and ultimately build strong relationships between the city’s charitable and business communities.
The program runs from January 2018 to March 2018, and concludes with a showcase where finalists have the opportunity to compete for up to $20,000 in prizes for their charitable organizations.
- Adoption Options Manitoba
- Candace House
- Ethio-Canadian Dancers Group (Ethio-Canadian Cultural Academy)
- Green Action Centre
- Holy Names House of Peace
- Islamic Social Services Association
- Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities (MLPD)
- Niigaanaki Day Care Centre
- Nine Circles Community Health Centre
- North End Women’s Centre
- Rainbow Stage
- Skills Unlimited
- Snowflake Place for Children and Youth
- Wayfinders Manitoba
- Winnipeg Optimal Health Early Years Sports Club
Key 2018 Dates:
- January 16: Fast Pitch 2018 Orientation
- January 18: Professional Development Workshop on “The Power of Story” with Cate Friesen & Dave McLeod
- January 25: Speed Networking Event – a fast-paced session where presenters and coaches get to know each other quickly and will be matched based on interests, affinity, skills and needs.
- February 8 and 22: Group Coaching and Feedback Sessions
- March 1: Semi-Finalist Event (at the Park Theatre) – the top 10 presenters move onto the showcase
- March 15: Showcase (at The Met) – finalists present their pitches to a panel of judges and the public
For more information visit Winnipeg Foundation’s Fast Pitch 2018.
Stay connected on Twitter: @winnipegfdn #FastPitchWpg