As part of a full-day event on “HR Issues in the Workplace,” immigration lawyer Reis Pagtakhan will present to the Westman chapter of Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Manitoba (CPHR-MB) on May 11.
Over the past year, the Government of Canada has made major changes to the immigration rules for employers. If that’s not enough, recent federal court decisions have added to the complications.
Reis’s session will cover some of the new developments over the last 12 months, including:
- New guidelines on how the government will apply employer compliance rules;
- New rules expediting the entry of French speaking temporary foreign workers to provinces outside Quebec;
- Changes to permanent residency rules which make it easier for temporary foreign workers to immigrate here;
- The implementation of the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) requirements for citizens of visa exempt countries wanting to travel to Canada;
- New court decisions interpreting the rules for bringing in temporary foreign workers; and upcoming changes to rules for temporary foreign workers.
Thursday, May 11
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Victoria Inn (3550 Victoria Ave, Brandon, Manitoba)
Eligible for 6 CPD hours with CPHR-MB
Who should attend: Small- and large-sized business owners, HR staff, supervisors and managers.
Other sessions include:
- “Help! I can’t keep up!” – general labour and employment law update
- Workplace Safety and Health Update – The Latest and Greatest
- Human Rights in the Workplace – Legal Update