MLT Aikins lawyers Nathan Schissel and Kristél Kriel have been invited to present at the upcoming Cyber Security and Privacy Conference.
Hosted by the Saskatchewan chapter of CIPS (Canada’s Association of Information Technology Professionals), the full-day event will take place on May 25 in Regina.
Their presentation on Cybersecurity and Data Breach Risk Management will provide an introduction to cyber risks and cybersecurity, including a review of the threat landscape and the impact of data security breaches on organizations, give an overview of the relevant legal landscape in Canada and the resulting obligations, and then discuss and propose various approaches that organizations can implement to manage cyber risks.
The conference is a timely response to the recent increase in security incidents and breaches of privacy, and will feature presentations and discussions from a number of experts in the area of cyber security and privacy, including:
- Scott Jones, Assistant Deputy Minister of the Information Technology Security program at the Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
- Richard Baker, CEO, rSolutions
- Daryl Godfrey, CTO, SaskTel
- James Goodchild, Vice President, Information Technology & CISO, Greystone Managed Investments
- Marc Kneppers, Telus
- Ronald J. Kruzeniski, Q.C., Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Eugene Ng, Eastern Canada Lead, CyberSecurity, MNP
- Caleb Taylor, Chief Security Officer & Director Risk Management, eHealth
Thursday, May 25, 2017
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mackenzie Art Gallery (3475 Albert Street, Regina)