Aaron maintains a broad litigation practice with particular interest in commercial and Indigenous matters.
Aaron is a litigator with a broad commercial litigation practice. He also advises on constitutional law and administrative & public law matters.
Aaron has experience advising and working with Indigenous communities and organizations across Western Canada on complex constitutional claims of central importance to Indigenous people. Such matters include Indigenous and treaty rights, specific claims, self-government issues to name a few.
Aaron is a sessional lecturer at the First Nations University of Canada, where he teaches courses on Indigenous law.
Aaron completed his Master of Law with first-class honours at the University of Cambridge in 2020. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan in 2018 and received the Law Society of Saskatchewan Gold Medal for graduating with the highest cumulative average.
During law school, Aaron participated in advocacy competitions including the Sopinka Cup, the Gale Cup Moot and the Canadian National Negotiation Competition. Aaron was also on the Board of Editors for the Saskatchewan Law Review and volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada.
Aaron completed a clerkship for Chief Justice Richards and Justices Ottenbreit and Barrington-Foote at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan during his articling year. In addition to his clerkship, Aaron has worked in-house, as a research assistant, in private practice, and in the public sector.
Prior to law school Aaron completed a Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in finance in 2016. He received the University Prize in Business Administration for graduating with the highest cumulative average.
- Board Member, Friends of Wascana Marsh (2022-persent)
- Sessional Lecturer, First Nations University of Canada (2021-present)
- Board of Editors, Saskatchewan Law Review (2016-2018)
- Western Moot (2017-2018)
- Gale Moot (2016-2017)
- Canadian Negotiation Competition (2016-2017)
- Pro Bono Students Canada (2015-2016)
- University of Saskatchewan Debate Society (2015-2016)
- Canadian Bar Association (2017-present)
- Mensa (2012-present)
- Caledonian Curling Club (2020)
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (2017-2018)
- Saskatoon Chamber Singers (2015-2016)
- Halcyon Chamber Choir (2012-2016)
- College Postgraduate Scholarship (2020)
- The Right Honourable Paul Martin Sr. Scholarship (2019)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Gold Medal (2018)
- The Honourable Donald Alexander McNiven Prize in Law (2018)
- Thomas P. Deis Scholarship in Constitutional Law in Honour of Dean F.C. Cronkite (2018)
- Orest and Marie Bendas Prize in Jurisprudence (2018)
- Thomas Dowrick Brown Prize (2018)
- F.C. Cronkite Prize in Jurisprudence (2018)
- Gabe Burkart Memorial Award (2018)
- College of Law Academic Excellence Scholarship for Continuing Students (2017)
- Cecil G. Schmitt Award for Academic Achievement in Company Law (2017)
- College of Law Academic Excellence Scholarship for Continuing Students(2016)
- Tom Gauley Prize in Common Law Studies (2016)
- Silas E. Halyk Prize in Criminal Law (2016)
- Class of ’60 Cronkite Prize in Personal Injuries Compensation (2016)
- MacIsaac, Sinclair, McNeil First Year Moot Court Prize (2016)
- Outstanding Performance in the First Year Moot (Property Problem) (2016)
- University Prize in Business Administration (2016)
- College of Law Academic Excellence Scholarship for Entering Students (2015)
- Dean’s List, University of Saskatchewan (each semester of 2012-2015)
- Academic Gold/Silver (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Royal Canadian Legion Ladies’ Auxiliary Bursary (2013)
- Elmer Shaw Special Talent Entrance Scholarship (2012)
- SaskPower Scholarship (2012)
- Centennial Merit Scholarship (2012)
- Faculty of Business Administration Business Excellence Award, University of Saskatchewan (2012)
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work Youth Scholarships (2012)
- Saskatchewan LDAS Scholarship (2012)