Adam is a Winnipeg lawyer whose practice focuses on civil litigation.
Adam is a confident litigator who provides practical advice and an empathetic approach to client service. He has appeared before the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, Court of Appeal and provincial court.
His experience extends to labour and employment law, including work in the areas of wrongful and unjust dismissal, short- and long-term disability, human rights violations and labour relations.
He has served as subrogation counsel for insurance companies and has acted for a number of North American companies in commercial disputes.
Adam has served in the area of child protection law and children’s rights advocacy, and regularly appeared before both the family and criminal divisions of the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench.
He is also well-versed in media and entertainment law, and has represented various radio industry clients as well as music production companies.
- Associate (2015-2017), D’Arcy & Deacon LLP
- Articling Student (2014-2015), D’Arcy & Deacon LLP
- Hudson Bay Port Company v. Louis Dreyfus Canada Ltd. (2016 MBQB 22) – Successfully dismissed appeal and confirmed arbitration award of $763,000.
- Grant v. Electra Sign Ltd. (2016 MBQB 131) – Successfully secured damages for wrongful dismissal.
- Almendral v. Tan (2017 MBQB 54) – Provided assistance to court regarding proper interpretation of applicable legislation on behalf of pension plan administrator.
- Classroom Instructor, Manitoba Bar Association Law Day (March 2015-present)
- Performer, Inspire for Life: Manitoba’s Walk for Lung Cancer (June 2014)
- Organizer and performer, fundraiser for the Health Sciences Centre Foundation (August 2013)
- Student Lawyer, University Law Centre (2012-2013)
- Canvasser, Canadian Cancer Society (2007-present)
- Varsity Men’s Basketball Head Coach, University of Winnipeg: The Collegiate (2006-2007)
- Junior Varsity Men’s Basketball Head Coach, University of Winnipeg: The Collegiate (2005-2006)
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Appeared as legal analyst on TSN 1290 sports radio
- Editor, Canadian Journal of Human Rights (May 2013 – April 2014)
- Kimberly Dawn Gusto Memorial Award for highest standing in Children & The Law
- Yude M. Henteleff Award in Human Rights and Civil Liberties for highest standing in Human Rights and Civil Liberties