Amber is an articling student based in the Winnipeg office. She returns to MLT Aikins after summering with the firm in 2020.
With an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Amber brings strategic thinking, problem-solving abilities and a business mindset to her role at the firm. She is well-versed in public speaking and communication, with oral advocacy skills gained from her participation in mini moots, mock trial competitions and negotiation competitions while in law school. That activity also sparked an interest in litigation.
In 2020, Amber completed a clerkship at the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench.
Amber’s work as a research assistant at both the Legal Research Institute and the Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law equipped her with experience researching, editing and compiling academic writing – capabilities that will serve her well in the legal field.
Amber also brings decision-making and interpersonal skills honed over years of athletic pursuits and student leadership.
- Chair, Clinical Experience Committee, Robson Hall (2019-2021)
- Elected Representative for the First and Second Year Class of 2021 (2018-2020)
- Class of 1980 Award, University of Manitoba (2021)
- 2nd Place, MacIntyre Cup Trial Advocacy Competition, Western Canada (2021)
- Individual Award for Best Cross-Examination
- 3rd Place, Canadian National Negotiation Competition, Canada (2021)
- 3rd Place, Sopinka Cup Trial Advocacy Competition, Canada (2021)
- 1st Place, Solomon Greenberg Trial Advocacy Competition, Manitoba (2020)
- 2nd Place, Fillmore Riley Negotiations Competition, Manitoba (2020)
- 2nd highest score, Mini Moot, Robson Hall (January 2019)
- Dean’s Honour List (2014-2019)
- Pitblado Scholar, Robson Hall – awarded to the top 10% of first year students (2018-2019)
- Scholar Athlete, Providence University College (2014-2016)
- Female Athlete of the Year, Providence University College (2015-2016)
- Most Valuable Player, Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (2015-2016)