Andrew's practice focuses on business transactions, from assisting emerging companies with initial legal matters to working on large, complex corporate, securities and M&A issues.
- Acting for the major shareholder of a private company as part of an $85 million control acquisition
- Acting for a private company raising $80 million across multiple transactions through institutional loan financing
- Acting for multiple emerging companies on seed round financings
- Acting for a public company raising $10 million in a related-party debt financing
- Acting for a public company raising $9.4 million through a bought deal equity offering
- Acting for a public company carrying out a complex corporate reorganization, spin-out and reverse takeover
- Acting for a junior exploration company on its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
Andrew practices in all areas of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, emerging companies, technology, corporate finance, and securities law. He has acted in both international and domestic transactions for public and private companies, including share and asset sales, debt and equity financings, private placements, public offerings and corporate reorganizations.
Andrew holds a Master’s Degree in Management Sciences from the University of Waterloo and remains active in the local business community, notably as Chair of Vancouver Startup Week, as an Ambassador on the Vancouver Board of Trade and as a Director on the Yaletown Roundhouse.
- Chair, Vancouver Startup Week
- Ambassador’s Club President, Vancouver Board of Trade
- Member, Vancouver Enterprise Forum
- Director, Yaletown Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Society
- Young Patrons Committee Member, Vancouver Opera
- Founding Member, Vancouver Round Table for Young Professionals in the Arts
- Editor-in-Chief, University of British Columbia Law Review (2012-2013)