Angalee (Angie) is an articling student in the firm’s Vancouver office.
Angie is a skilled communicator and champion for diversity and inclusion. Her employment, volunteer and academic experience before joining the firm equipped her with resilience, empathy and analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
With an undergraduate degree in linguistics and background in teaching and research, Angie is experienced at identifying and adapting to diverse learning profiles and personalities, and developing innovative communication strategies. Her work and volunteer experience gave her the skillset for effectively navigating situations of discomfort and de-escalating conflict.
In her role as president of the Law Students’ Inclusion and Diversity Club, Angie led initiatives that facilitated student discussions of barriers to inclusion in the faculty, and she helped create sessions that provided transparency about the hiring process.
- President, Law Students’ Inclusion and Diversity Club (Edmonton, 2018-2021)
- Civil Procedure Volunteer, Student Legal Services (Edmonton, 2018-2019)
- Research Assistant, Endoscopic Ultrasound Research (Vancouver, 2018)
- Operations Coordinator, The British Columbia Ronald McDonald House (Vancouver, 2012-2019)
- Researcher, Interjurisdictional Support Orders Project, Pro-Bono Students Canada (Edmonton, 2018-2019)
- Active Sister, Scholarship & Philanthropy Committee, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority (Vancouver, 2012-2018)
- A Bob and Doug Matheson Award in Law (2019-2020)
- First-Class Standing in the Faculty of Law (2019-2020)
- Perry Barr Hall Scholarship
- University of British Columbia Student Scholarship in Arts
- Dean’s Honor List Academic Standing (2015-2017)
- Top Panhellenic Scholar Award (2015-2016)
- University of British Columbia Chancellor Designation Scholarship