Ariel Lekas is an associate lawyer in the firm’s Edmonton office, carrying on a general corporate commercial practice with a focus on estate planning and administration.
Ariel has extensive experience assisting clients with integrated tax and estate planning to provide optimal outcomes for business and personal succession plans. She also assists individuals and trust companies acting with the administration of estates. In addition, Ariel has experience in a wide range of corporate commercial matters and advises clients on corporate governance, commercial real estate and purchases and sale matters.
- Director, CapitalCare Foundation (2020-present)
- Director, Northern Alberta Pioneers and Descendants Association (2019-present)
- Treasurer, Canadian Bar Association – Elder Law Section, Alberta North (2018-present)
- Grant recipient and research presenter, Prairie University Biology Symposium (2013)
- Research presenter, MacEwan Annual Undergraduate Student Research, Scholarly Activity & Creative Achievement Showcase (2013)
- Jason Lang Scholarship (2009, 2012, 2013)
- MacEwan University Dean’s List (2012)
- Bachelor of Science Continuing Scholarship (MacEwan, 2009, 2010, 2012)
- Academic Athletic Award, Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) (2009)
- Winner, Grant MacEwan Book of the Year Critical Essay Contest (2009)
- First Class Standing (MacEwan, 2009)
- Jim and Barbara Scopick Scholarship (2009)
- Bachelor of Science Entrance Scholarship (MacEwan, 2008)