Calen maintains an employer-side labour and employment practice. Calen also has experience in successfully resolving insurance, administrative law and intellectual property disputes.
Calen regularly advises and acts for employers with a variety of labour and employment law issues including human rights, workplace investigations, labour relations, legislative compliance, employment contracts and policies.
Calen’s preferred litigation practice areas include insurance defence, agribusiness and intellectual property enforcement. Calen has experience with time-sensitive litigation tools including injunctions, summary procedures and multi-party settlements which tools he also brings to his labour and employment practice.
- Board Member, Regina Bar Association
- Former Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Articling Students South Section Leader
- Board Member, Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan (2016-present)
- Board Member, Saskatoon Housing Coalition (2015-2016)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Calen is a regular presenter at various labour seminars and webinars hosted by MLT Aikins.
- Calen has presented for the CBA Saskatchewan Aboriginal Law South.
- Award of Distinction for Saskatchewan Bar Admission Program (2015)