Calen is a member of the MLT Aikins labour & employment and litigation teams. Calen has broad experience in successfully resolving employment, insurance, administrative and intellectual property disputes.
Calen is driven by a keen interest in problem-solving that brings value to clients and builds long-term relationships. By drawing on experiences, including obtaining injunctive remedies, navigating court approval for multi-party settlements and by staying up to date on the latest developments in summary procedures, Calen is able to advise clients on an advantageous array of efficient dispute resolution tools.
Before disputes arise, Calen regularly advises regarding workplace policies and procedures, investigations, and collective bargaining. Calen’s preferred litigation practice areas include insurance defence, agribusiness and intellectual property enforcement.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Articling Students South Section Leader
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Treasurer of Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan (2016-present)
- Board Member, Saskatoon Housing Coalition (2015-2016)
- Award of Distinction for Saskatchewan Bar Admission Program (2015)