Daryl has extensive background in advice and counsel in insurance matters, including policy interpretation in both first party and casualty claims.
Daryl’s experience related to insurance matters includes claims handling from pleadings through trial in matters involving occupier’s liability, professional negligence, transportation (common carrier) liability, arson, fraud, environmental hazard exposure, severe personal injuries and prosecution and defense of subrogation actions involving fire origin and cause.
He serves as firm liaison to the general insurance community in connection with the firm insurance program and to The Law Society of Manitoba in insurance matters.
- Member, Insurance Act (Man.) Rewrite Committee (2001-present)
- Board of Directors, Children’s Hospital Research Foundation (1992-1995)
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers Association of Winnipeg (1985-1992)
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Risk and Insurance Managers Society
- Manitoba Insurance Adjusters Association
- Preparation and presentation of papers and seminars on topics of interest including bad faith, current trends in litigation, products liability, environmental liability, directors and officers liability exposure and insurance, severe personal injury assessments and rules of practice before the Manitoba Courts
- Author of firm commentaries on matters of general interest to the insurance community for distribution to clients
- “CGL Policies Contractor Entitlement to Defense Costs Expands,” Upword (October 24, 2012)