David practises in the area of corporate/commercial and securities law. He has experience in transactions and financings in a variety of industries, with a particular focus on First Nations and the natural resources sector.
- Counsel to the Tahltan Nation Development Corporation in its contracting and joint venture arrangements, as well as employment, taxation and other legal matters.
- Counsel to an international oil & gas drilling contractor with respect to Indigenous engagement and related agreements.
- Counsel to Lorraine Copper Corp. in its acquisition by Sun Metals Corp. by way of plan of arrangement.
- Counsel to a TSX-listed technology company in its $26 million acquisition of an artificial intelligence developer.
- Counsel to the syndicate of underwriters in the $76 million short form prospectus offering, on a bought deal basis, of a TSX-listed cannabis company.
- Counsel to the agents in the $11.8 million public offering of convertible debentures of a TSXV-listed cannabis company.
David has experience in a range of public and private company transactions including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and corporate reorganizations. He provides ongoing advice regarding stock exchange matters, continuous disclosure obligations and general corporate governance.
David also maintains a substantial practice in Indigenous law, lending his expertise to Indigenous-Crown consultation, regulatory matters, and the negotiation and drafting of Impact Benefit Agreements and related arrangements for both Indigenous and industry clients.
Prior to his legal career, David worked as a project manager serving Indigenous communities and natural resource companies throughout British Columbia and the Northwest Territories. He welcomes opportunities to share in Indigenous culture and is committed to building a practice that continues this spirit of collaboration.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum
- The Advocates’ Society Indigenous Law Award (2018)
- Canadian Mineral Industry Education Foundation Scholarship (2017)
- Thomas A. Dohm, QC Scholarship in Law (2017)
- Dean of Law’s Public Interest Fellowship (2016)
- Allan McEachern Memorial Scholarship in Law (2015)
- Law Foundation of British Columbia Entrance Award (2015)