Doug Osborn focuses on commercial lending and business acquisitions.
- Lead Saskatchewan counsel in the sale of a potash mine operation.
- Lead Saskatchewan counsel for the lender in the $65 million financing of a large livestock operation.
- Lead counsel for the lender in the refinancing, restructuring and subsequent expansion of one of Western Canada’s largest food processors, a series of transactions involving U.S. interests in addition to local shareholders.
- Lead counsel to the vendors in the $42 million sale of an engineering operation.
- Lead counsel on the acquisition of various large-scale poultry operations.
- Lead Saskatchewan counsel in the purchase and financing of a $100 million apartment building portfolio.
He acts for diverse commercial lenders – banks, private financiers, trust companies, credit unions and life insurance companies – across the entire spectrum of lending – term debt, real estate, operating credits and equity financing with lending transactions ranging from small business loans to financing and sale arrangements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Doug acts on all types of business acquisitions – share transactions, asset transactions, mergers, reorganization – in various industries.
- Co-Chair, Saskatchewan Ronald McDonald House Expansion Capital Campaign (2012)
- President (2007-2008, 1999-2000); Director (1996-2014), Saskatchewan Ronald McDonald House
- Director Team Hosts (2009-2010, 1990-1991), World Junior Hockey Championships
- Director, Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce (2004-2008)
- President (1999); Director (1995-2000), Riverside Country Club
- “Contract Drafting: Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them,” Contract Drafting Essentials, Law Society of Saskatchewan (2012)
- “Business Purchase and Sale Agreements: Points on Structure and Content,” Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. (2007)
- “Practice Points for Business Purchase Transactions,” Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Mid-Winter Meeting (2005)
- Named by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year – Corporate Law (2018)
- One of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Banking and Finance, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions (since 2012)
- One of Canada’s Leading Lawyers – Banking and Financial Institutions, The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – “BV Peer Review Rated”