Doug practises in the business law department, advising in corporate and commercial matters.
Doug practises in the commercial law department, advising clients in corporate and commercial matters, including corporate organizations and Manitoba Limited Partnerships. Doug’s commercial practice includes an emphasis on the strategic use of Manitoba limited partnerships.
Doug also provides advice in secured financing matters for both lenders and borrowers, dealing in real estate security and personal property security.
- Member, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Course Head, Bar Admission Course, Corporate and Commercial Transactions, The Law Society of Manitoba (1998-2005)
- Seminar Leader, Bar Admission Corporate and Commercial Course, The Law Society of Manitoba (1993-2005)
- Session Lecturer, Solicitor’s Transactions, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba (1988-1998)
- “Confidentiality Agreements and Letters of Intent – Early Stage Agreements,” Major Business Agreements (May 17-18, 2010)
- Dean’s Honours List (1977-1980, 1983)