Ember Lagden is an articling student based out of the firm’s Edmonton office.
Ember returns to the firm as an articling student after completing a clerkship at the Court of Appeal of Alberta and summering with the firm in 2019.
Ember obtained a Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2021. During law school, he served as an editorial committee member of the Alberta Law Review. Prior to law school, Ember completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in business economics and law.
- Member, Alberta Law Review Editorial Board (September 2019-April 2021)
- Competition Judge, Strategic Management Organization Club Negotiation Competition (2019)
- Mentor, Youth Restorative Action Project (2015)
- Deans List, Faculty of Law, University of Alberta (2019 & 2020)
- Winner, Davies Annual Corporate/Securities Law Moot (2020)
- Jason Lang Scholarship, University of Alberta (2018)
- Winner, Strategic Management Organization Club House of Strategies Competition (2018)
- Runner-up, Strategic Management Organization Club Negotiation Competition (2018)
- Students’ Union Award for Perseverance
- Jack Craven Scholarship in Business, Alberta School of Business (2016)