Eric provides advice in the areas of agriculture/agribusiness, real estate, corporate/commercial, tax and estate planning.
- Counsel to farm and ranch owners on purchase and sale of farm assets/shares, real estate transactions and financing matters.
- Counsel on corporate reorganizations of private corporations and family-owned businesses.
- Drafting business agreements, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Counsel to clients for the purchase and sale of private businesses including professional practices and businesses in the agricultural sector.
Eric practises in the areas of real estate, corporate/commercial, tax, estate planning and wills. He has experience providing estate and tax planning advice for private businesses including corporate reorganizations, tax and estate planning. He also has experience with real estate, financing and corporate/commercial transactions.
Eric has a particular focus working in the agriculture industry including serving farmers, ranchers and agribusiness companies. He also has experience working with a national organization and parliamentarians on developing agricultural policy. Eric grew up on a family farm in Manitoba and currently assists with a family-owned operation in Southern Alberta.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, CBA Alberta Food and Agribusiness Section (South)
- Board Member, 4-H Canada
- Founder and Chair, Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture
- An Analysis of Costs Awarded by the Alberta Energy Regulator. Alberta Law Review, 55(3).
- Nature and Enforceability of WTO-plus SPS and TBT Provisions in Canada’s PTAs: From NAFTA to CETA. World Trade Review, 15(1).
- BA, Dean’s Honour List (2006, 2007, 2009).
- John Stark Gilles Philosophy Prize (2006).