Erin Smith works with a variety of corporate and non-profit clients to help find workable solutions to business problems.
Erin maintains a general corporate commercial law practice with a focus on corporate governance. Her corporate governance experience includes advising regarding shareholder agreements, board structuring, conflicts of interest, codes of conduct, indemnity provisions and confidentiality concerns.
Additionally, Erin has experience advising in relation to:
- the Competition Act (including both ongoing compliance issues and issues related to mergers);
- asset and share transactions;
- corporate trust agreements; and
- non-profit organizations and charities.
Prior to joining the firm, Erin clerked at the Supreme Court of Canada and articled to the Chief Justice of the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
- Board Member, Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Service (2016-present)
- Board Member, Maria Montessori Preschool and Elementary (2016-2018)
- United Way of Saskatoon – Account Executive, Professional Division (2015-2016)
- Institute of Corporate Directors (2016-present)
- Canadian Bar Association (2015-present)
- Saskatoon Bar Association (2015-present)
- “Efficiency as the Only ‘Reasonable Limit’: How Section 1 is an Efficient Breach Analysis,” presented as a member of the student panel at the Ottawa Law Review’s Symposium commemorating the 25th Anniversary of R. v. Oakes (February 2012).