Ethan is a corporate/commercial lawyer with a focus in the areas of corporate finance & securities, corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions and real estate.
Ethan maintains a general corporate/commercial practice, with a particular focus on corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and other corporate/commercial matters. He is passionate about helping clients achieve their business goals by helping them navigate the western Canadian legal landscape. Ethan has experience working with vendors and purchasers in share and asset transactions and businesses of all sizes in corporate matters related to ownership structuring and reorganization.
In 2022, Ethan completed his articles at MLT Aikins after summering with the firm in 2019. As a summer student, Ethan gained experience conducting legal research on a variety of topics. He assisted with preparing legal memoranda and drafting legal documents including pleadings, briefs of argument, affidavits of documents and various correspondence. He has attended various court and mediation proceedings. During law school, Ethan was selected to represent the Faculty of Law at the Alberta Court of Appeal Moot and was successful in winning his team’s round.
Ethan was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan, and completed his legal education in Alberta. He obtained his Juris Doctor with distinction from the University of Alberta in 2021. Prior to law school, he completed a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Regina, majoring in political science and minoring in classical studies and psychology.
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan (2022)
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law Mentorship Program, Edmonton, AB (2019-2021)
- Competitive Moot Program, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB (2019-2020)
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB (2018-2019)
- Barry Wall Memorial Book Prize, University of Regina (2016, 2018)
- Academic Silver Scholarship, University of Regina (2014-2017)
- Ray Sentes Memorial Scholarship, University of Regina (2017)