Gal is a globally experienced practical corporate and technology transaction lawyer for entrepreneurs, financiers of startup companies and corporate venture and growth teams.
- Represented investor in the bridge financing of a travel intelligence platform (October 2016)
- Acted for a wireless power transfer technology company in connection with a strategic partnership and Series A round financing by large engine manufacturing company (October 2016)
- Counsel to a building design and construction company in connection with a strategic manufacturing joint venture (October 2016)
- Represented a corporate growth group in connection with an investment in a robotic construction startup company (September 2016)
- Advised a limited partner in connection with the formation of a new venture capital fund comprised of influential business leaders (September 2016)
- Acted for the lead Series Seed investor in connection with the financing of a fintech company (August 2016)
- Formed a family-office fund for investments in early stage technology companies (August 2016)
Gal began his legal career in 1997 as a member of the in-house legal team for IBM Global Services in Israel. He drafted and negotiated software sale, purchase, licensing, re-sale and R&D agreements and negotiated strategic IT outsourcing transactions globally. In 2000, Gal joined an Israeli law firm where he represented U.S. and Israeli venture capital funds investing in Israeli technology companies. He was also lead counsel in the formation of the first Israeli life science venture capital fund. Previously, Gal spent five years in the Netherlands representing multinational venture capital funds in various global technology investment and licensing transactions. He subsequently returned to private practice in Israel to represent technology accelerators, venture capital funds, startups and technology companies, and in 2008 formed Russia’s first technology venture capital fund. In 2009 Gal moved to Canada and has developed an emerging companies and venture capital practice to serve the entrepreneurial needs of so many of his clients.
- Visiting Tutor, Quest University, British Columbia, Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship (2016)
- Presenter, e@UBC, Vancouver, British Columbia, Considerations in Licensing and Technology Commercialization Agreements (The culture of bootstrapping) (2016)
- Co-Presenter, Vancouver Startup Week, Life of a Financing Deal (2016)
- Co-Presenter, private HSBC hosted event, Fraud and Cyber-Security (2016)