Greg Forrest is a client-focused patent agent with particular experience in electronic, software, industrial, and human-computer interface technology.
Greg has more than 10 years of experience in the patent field in a broad range of technology areas such as electronics, touch systems, financial technology, transportation, orthodontics and medical devices. He worked in-house at a Calgary-based technology company and grew its patent portfolio prior to an initial public offering (IPO). He understands the client’s perspective regarding the business requirements of a patent program and infringement risks. He has also obtained experience from a Boston-based patent search firm, a Bay Street full-service law firm and an IP boutique.
Greg’s breadth of experience has involved:
- managing and growing international patent portfolios
- advising executives and senior management on patent portfolio strategy
- evaluating patent portfolios for licensing and acquisition purposes
- working with developers in formulating inventions and designing around competitor patents
- conducting patent invalidity searches and analysis on behalf of clients involved in high profile litigations
- Movember Foundation
- Professional Engineer with APEGA
- Highest mark on Paper B of the Canadian Patent Agent Exams (2011)