Herb is the Winnipeg office managing partner of the firm.
Herb is a partner who practises real estate law, including real estate based financing, purchase and sales (commercial, rural and urban), commercial leasing (both on behalf of tenants and landlords) and real estate development (subdivision, zoning and construction). He also practices general corporate commercial law, including providing regular, trans-national and strategic risk management advice to large and small business clients, non-profits, charitable and cooperative entities and sole proprietorship in many business sectors.
- Past Chair, Board of Trustees, United Way of Winnipeg (2014-2016)
- Bencher (1994-2001), Vice-President of the Society (1999-2000), President (2000-2002), The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Western Torrens Project (established in Western Canada to update and improve the standards and process of residential real estate practice by lawyers )
- Member, Legal Aid Manitoba Council
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Named by Best Lawyers as the Lawyer of the Year for Real Estate Law (2016)
- A leading practitioner, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Commercial, Property Development
- Recognized by Best Lawyers for Real Estate Law (since 2006)