James practises in the business law department with experience in the areas of corporate and commercial law and a focus on mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented Amenity Health Care LP in numerous pharmacy acquisitions throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Represented Amenity Health Care LP in its sale to TorQuest Partners
- Counsel to Amenity Holdings Inc. with respect to ongoing mergers and acquisition matters, corporate organizational and regulatory matters throughout Western Canada
- Lead Counsel to KAI Health Services Inc. in numerous pharmacy acquisitions throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Lead Counsel to KAI Properties Inc. in numerous multi-family property acquisitions throughout Manitoba
- Regular counsel to dental/medical professionals with respect to their corporate structuring and acquisition/sales
James provides advice to private corporations and shareholders in negotiations and completion of purchases and sales of businesses, commercial transaction structuring, mergers, corporate finance, corporate planning, organization and governance, shareholder and partnership agreements and commercial real estate matters.
- Manitoba Soccer Association Discipline Committee
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Science, Dean’s Honour List (2004-2007)