James is a partner in the firm’s business law department practising primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, and commercial real estate and land development.
- Represented Amenity Health Care LP in numerous pharmacy acquisitions throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Represented Amenity Health Care LP in its sale to TorQuest Partners
- Counsel to Amenity Holdings Inc. with respect to ongoing mergers and acquisition matters, corporate organizational and regulatory matters throughout Western Canada
- Lead Counsel to KAI Health Services Inc. in numerous pharmacy acquisitions throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Lead Counsel to KAI Properties Inc. in numerous multi-family property acquisitions throughout Manitoba
- Regular counsel to dental/medical professionals with respect to their corporate structuring and acquisition/sales
James regularly advises private corporations and shareholders on business matters relating to negotiations and completion of purchases and sales of businesses and assists with commercial transaction structuring and mergers and acquisitions. His corporate law practice includes corporate finance, corporate planning, organization and governance, and shareholder and partnership agreements. He has experience tending to commercial real estate transactions and land development matters which extends to providing advice on development proposals, development permit and subdivision applications, and land use planning. James has represented clients across a wide array of industries with extensive experience working with health care, dental and medical professionals.
- Manitoba Soccer Association Discipline Committee
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Dean’s Honour List, University of Manitoba Faculty of Science (2004-2007)