Janelle Wilson maintains a general corporate and commercial practice. Her experience includes corporate law, business acquisitions and sales, franchise law, commercial real estate and advising on a range of commercial matters.
- Acted for a significant Canadian lender on numerous multi-million dollar secured loans
- Acted as Alberta counsel to REITs regarding acquisitions of a senior housing properties in Alberta
- Acted as Alberta counsel on the sale of a portfolio of supportive living facilities throughout Canada and the U.S. with an aggregate value of $950 million USD
- Acted on the sales of various types of businesses, including a pharmacy, waste disposal company and companies involved in the agribusiness and energy sectors
Janelle’s practice focuses on all areas of corporate and commercial law with a particular emphasis on commercial real estate and sales and acquisitions of businesses. She regularly advises individuals, corporations and partnerships on a wide range of issues, including incorporation, share and asset sales, commercial leasing, franchise agreements and disclosure obligations, corporate reorganizations and general corporate law matters. Janelle also assists clients with contract preparation and review. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked at the Alberta Court of Appeal.
- Volunteer, Alberta Lawyers’ Assist Program
- Member, Northern Alberta Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Northern Alberta Women’s Law Forum Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Editorial Board, Alberta Law Review (2011-2013)
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services (2010-2011)
- “Trusts in a Corporate Setting,” paper published for the Legal Education Society of Alberta Wills & Estates Refresher (April 2015)
- Canadian National Scholarship in Law (2010)
- Sydney B. Woods Q.C. Memorial Prize in Constitutional Law (2011)