Joanne has a general litigation practice with experience in complex commercial litigation and class action defence. She recently returned to MLT Aikins after spending a year as the executive officer at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan.
Joanne’s experience includes litigation involving contract and shareholder disputes. She also practises in the area of class action defence. She has appeared before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench. Joanne clerked with the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
- SaskEnergy Incorporated v. ADAG Corporation Canada Ltd., 2015 SKQB 143, successfully obtaining judgment after trial in a complex commercial dispute over obtaining ownership of a multi-million dollar office tower.
- Director, Regina Bar Association (2016-present)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan (2013-present)
- Editorial Board, Saskatchewan Law Review (2010-2011)
- Co-author with John D. Whyte, “Capturing Proceeds from Criminal Notoriety: A Case Study,” 17 Rev. Const. Stud. 41. (2012)
- Co-author with John D. Whyte, “International Law within Canadian Legal Pluralism,” in Nicolas Lambert, ed., At the Forefront of Duality: Essays in Honour of Michel Bastarache (Montreal: Yvon Blais, 2011) 53. (2011)
- Co-author with Léa M. Lapointe, “How Does a ‘Uniform’ Citation Guide Fail to Be Uniform? A Review of the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation, 7th ed.,” 74 Sask. L. Rev. 275. (2011)
- Award of Distinction for Top Bar Admission Course Performance, Law Society of Saskatchewan (2012)
- Silver Medal, Law Society of Saskatchewan (2011)
- Judge D. Murray Brown Memorial Prize in Appellate Advocacy (2011)