Julie Ward maintains a litigation practice with particular focus on labour and employment and commercial litigation.
Julie obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary in 2019 and went on to obtain her Masters in Law with a focus in international business law from Osgoode Hall, York University in 2021. She was called to the Alberta Bar in 2020.
During law school, Julie was the co-editor-in-chief for the Alberta Law review where she was responsible for overseeing the publication of volume 56, No 3: Law, Justice, and Reconciliation in Post-TRC Canada. Julie co-founded the Counsel Buzz at Osgoode Hall, an online forum that provides international legal resources and precedents in the form of blogs, bulletins and articles.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Alberta Law Review, University of Calgary (2018-2019)
- Student Counsel, Pro Bono Students Canada, University of Calgary (2018-2019)
- Editor, Alberta Law Review, University of Calgary (2017-2018)
- Program Lead, Pro Bono Students Canada, University of Calgary (2017-2018)
- Co-author, “Recent Legislation and Regulatory Developments of Interest to Energy Lawyers,” Alberta Law Review (December 10, 2020)
- Co-author, “Saving Toothless Tigers: How Canada Can Defend the WTO,” CIFILE Journal of International Law (Fall 2021)
- University of Alberta Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Faculty of Arts Academic Excellence Scholarship