Julie Ward is a litigation associate in the commercial litigation and dispute resolution group of the MLT Aikins Calgary office.
Julie maintains a general litigation practice with particular focus on commercial litigation, IP litigation, construction litigation as well as labour and employment and administrative law.
During law school, Julie gained unique insights into effective advocacy before administrative tribunals as an intern at both the Alberta Human Rights Commission of Alberta and Alberta Utilities Commission. Julie also served as the co-editor-in-chief of the Alberta Law Review.
Julie strives to provide diligent, efficient and practical service.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Alberta Law Review, University of Calgary (2018-2019)
- Student Counsel, Pro Bono Students Canada, University of Calgary (2018-2019)
- Editor, Alberta Law Review, University of Calgary (2017-2018)
- Program Lead, Pro Bono Students Canada, University of Calgary (2017-2018)
- Co-author, “Recent Legislation and Regulatory Developments of Interest to Energy Lawyers,” Alberta Law Review (December 10, 2020)
- Co-author, “Saving Toothless Tigers: How Canada Can Defend the WTO,” CIFILE Journal of International Law (Fall 2021)
- University of Alberta Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Faculty of Arts Academic Excellence Scholarship