Kate practises in general litigation with a focus in commercial litigation, construction litigation, estate litigation and obtaining injunctive relief. In addition to litigation, Kate also maintains a vibrant estate planning and administration practice.
Kate prides herself on providing diligent, efficient and practical counsel to her clients.
Kate has practical experience in commercial litigation, construction litigation, estate litigation and general litigation matters. She has successfully represented clients before the Alberta Court of Appeal, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Provincial Court of Alberta in a range of matters including trials, summary judgment applications, applications for emergency injunctive relief, civil restraining orders, publication bans and confidentiality orders.
As a Judicial Clerkship Student with the Provincial Court of Alberta, Kate gained a unique insight into litigation from the perspective of the judiciary. During her clerkship, she built her experience in civil, criminal and family matters.
Kate enjoys assisting clients with their estate planning and estate administration needs and has experience with First Nations estate planning.
- Secretary, Research Lawyers Section of Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch
- Committee Member, Canadian Bar Association Equality Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Committee
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Alberta’s Queen’s Bench Amicus Program
- Director and Programs Co-Chair, Rocky Ridge Royal Oak Community Association Board of Directors
- Volunteer Swim Instructor, Cerebral Palsy Association of Alberta
- Volunteer, Calgary Drop-In Centre
- Fort McMurray Dial-A-Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Alan & Cyril Body Educational Trust Prize for the Highest Academic Achievement (Mature Student) of the Graduating Class of 2013-2014
- Cardiff Law School Scholarship for Academic Achievement (2012-2013, 2011-2012)
- Department of Religious Studies Book Prize for the Highest Academic Standing of the Graduating Class of 2010
- Jason Lang Scholarship for Academic Excellence (2008, 2009)
- Dean of Arts Honour Role (2006-2007)