Kate practises in general litigation with a focus on oil and gas litigation, commercial litigation, professional malpractice, employment litigation and administrative law.
Kate commenced her articles as a Judicial Clerkship Student with the Provincial Court of Alberta, where she gained unique insight into litigation from the perspective of the judiciary. During her clerkship, she built her experience in civil, criminal and family matters. She joined one of Calgary’s premier litigation boutiques to complete her articles and continued on as an associate thereafter.
Kate has practical experience in oil and gas litigation, commercial litigation, employment law, professional malpractice and general litigation matters. She has represented clients before the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. Kate prides herself on providing diligent, efficient and practical counsel to her clients.
- Director and Programs Co-Chair, Rocky Ridge Royal Oak Community Association Board of Directors
- Volunteer Swim Instructor, Cerebral Palsy Association of Alberta
- Volunteer, Calgary Drop-In Centre
- Fort McMurray Dial-A-Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Alan & Cyril Body Educational Trust Prize for the Highest Academic Achievement (Mature Student) of the Graduating Class of 2013-2014
- Cardiff Law School Scholarship for Academic Achievement (2012-2013, 2011-2012
- Department of Religious Studies Book Prize for the Highest Academic Standing of the Graduating Class of 2010
- Jason Lang Scholarship for Academic Excellence (2008, 2009)
- Dean of Arts Honour Role (2006-2007)