Kursty Bansley is a registered Canadian trademark agent and has worked in this field since 2009.
Kursty handles all aspects of trademark prosecution in Canada, including registrability opinions, prosecution of trademark applications, opposition and Section 45 expungement proceedings before the Trademark Opposition Board. She also assists clients with marketing and trademark portfolio management, and regularly collaborates with clients and other lawyers to co-ordinate trademark protection for clients in Canada and internationally.
In addition to her experience with the Canadian trademark system, she regularly handles the prosecution of trademark applications in several foreign jurisdictions including the United States and the European Union.
- Public Information Committee Member, International Trademark Association (2018-2019 term)
- Associate Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member, Trademark Agent Training Committee
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Director, Midwest Karate Club (Regina) Inc.