Lane is a member of the MLT Aikins tax group, focusing on tax litigation and wills and estates.
Lane maintains a general tax practice with an emphasis on tax litigation and dispute resolution. He regularly represents clients in disputes with Canada Revenue Agency over assessments of income tax, GST, CPP and EI. He assists clients at all stages of the tax litigation process, from the CRA Audit Division to the Tax Court of Canada.
Lane is also a certified Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and maintains a comprehensive Wills & Estates practice, including estate planning, administration, and litigation.
- Steering Committee, Canadian Tax Foundation Saskatoon Young Practitioners Group (2016-2018)
- President, Saskatoon Nordic Ski Club (2016-present)
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada
- “Claiming ITCs on Pre-Registration Expenses” (2018) 8:2 Canadian Tax Focus
- Highest Academic Standing in Business Organizations II (2014)
- Justice John H. Maher Memorial Scholarship (2011)
- St. Thomas More College Leadership Award (2010)
- Roger Gautier Prize for French (2010)